The Merino Wool Baby Bodysuit is the ideal newborn onesie
This is the most basic and essential baby garment in every home with a new baby. This plain design is being phased out for a new look so we have just a few of these left. Fantastic for layering with a go go sleeping bag or any item of clothing. The cross-over neck line ensures ease of use over babies head and a perfect fit around your babies chest. A functional design enhanced by superfine merino which insulates and absorbs body moisture. It is soft, lightweight, durable and non-irritating against young sensitive skin.
Merino Kids 100% merino Bodysuit is soft and luxurious to the touch.
Bodysuits are the most worn garment for a newborn! Ours is made from 100% superfine MERINO wool for better and safer sleep. Merino regulates body temperature so baby won’t overheat or wake up cold – perfect for all seasons and environments.
- Fabric Weight: 200gsm
- Fabric: 100% superfine merino wool
- Benefits: Merino keeps baby warm when it’s cold and cool when its hot!
- Cross-over neckline so fabric stays clear of baby’s face when they twist and turn
- Safety mittens fold over hands to protect baby from scratching
- Outfit won’t ride up and expose baby’s tummy or back
- Accessible domes on the crotch for easy dressing and nappy changes
- Nickel-free domes/poppers
- Machine washable
- Naturally low fire risk compared to cotton and synthetic fabrics
The fine-spun soft merino knit fabric is comfortably lightweight yet provides superior warmth-to-weight insulation and will keep your baby much warmer than cotton. Merino also breathes exceptionally well and, unlike polyester, it readily absorbs and releases moisture to keep your baby warm without overheating.
Made entirely of natural fibre, the MERINO KIDS BODYSUIT is safe to use for babies with allergies, eczema and sensitive skin.
Merino is naturally fire resistant and the Merino Kids Bodysuit is rated low fire risk. It has not been treated with the fireproofing chemicals commonly applied to polyester which can irritate baby skin.
The benefits of Merino wool include:
- TEMPERATURE REGULATION. Nursery room temperatures can fluctuate during the night causing a baby to wake up. Merino’s unparalleled ‘breathability’ means no clamminess next to the skin, creating a perfect micro-climate around the body and helping regulate a baby’s body temperature. Merino will keep your baby warm in the cold and cool in the heat and help prevent overheating.
- COMFORT. Our merino is superfine, luxuriously soft, light and non-itchy. It is also hypoallergenic, helping babies with sensitive skin & eczema problems.
- 100% NATURAL. Wool is the least flammable of fibres and the safest to have next to your body. It is naturally self-extinguishing and, unlike synthetics, it won’t melt and stick to skin. The material also retains less odour and nasty smells, thus reducing the need for frequent washing. But it is machine-washable and very easy to care for.
Size Guide Chest Length (from back neck line down) Sleeve (inside arm to wrist) 0-3mths 40cm 36cm 18cm