The Merino Kids Newborn Gown is made from 100% superfine merino wool
Our newborn sizing is ideal for small or premature babies.
The Merino Kids Gown is the perfect sleepwear garment! It can either be worn under the Cocooi babywrap, Go Go Bag or use it as a mini sleep bag with no other bedding.
- Fabric Weight: 200gsm
- Fabric: 100% superfine merino wool
- Benefits: Merino regulates body temperature so baby won’t overheat or wake up cold – perfect for all seasons and environments.
- Cross-over neckline so fabric stays clear of baby’s face when they twist and turn
- Safety mittens fold over hands to protect baby from scratching
- Pouch bottom for easy access to dress baby and change nappy… no fiddly buttons, ties or domes
- Machine washable
- Naturally low fire risk compared to cotton and synthetic fabrics
Depending on your baby and surroundings, the Gown can be worn on its own as well as for layering under the Cocooi™ Babywrap or the Merino Kids Go Go Bag.
The benefits of merino wool include:
- TEMPERATURE REGULATION. Nursery room temperatures can fluctuate during the night causing a baby to wake up. merino’s unparalleled ‘breathability’ means no clamminess next to the skin, creating a perfect micro-climate around the body and helping regulate a baby’s body temperature before it can properly do this itself. merino will keep your baby warm in the cold and cool in the heat and help prevent overheating, a common problem for newborns.
- COMFORT. Our merino is superfine, luxuriously soft, light and non-itchy. It is also hypoallergenic, helping babies with sensitive skin and eczema problems.
- 100% NATURAL. Wool is the least flammable of fibres and the safest to have next to your body. It is naturally self-extinguishing and, unlike synthetics, it won’t melt and stick to skin. The material also retains less odour and nasty smells, thus reducing the need for frequent washing. But it is machine-washable and very easy to care for.