Common Pregnancy Naturopathic Questions Answered
Homœopathy is a system of medicine that is as equally interesting and challenging. It views every sick person as having a unique set of traits and life circumstances that will effect healing. It also acknowledges the body's (or nature's) ability to self-heal. The homoeopathic remedies work by stimulating the body to self-heal, i.e. they work together with the body and not against it. Homœopathy can be of use in issues that arise pre and post birth; morning sickness, delays in milk coming through, difficulties feeding, mastitis, post-natal depression to name a few. We highly recommend The Ankhara Rose Therapeutics Birth and Beyond Homœopathic kit which contains 10 of the most commonly used remedies in pregnancy birth and lactation. It also provides an easy to use booklet designed to help any pregnant woman, doula, midwife or mother confidently prescribe her own remedy. Please contact http://www.ankhararose.com.au/
Naturopath Advice Reine Du Bois has had a long term association with Nature's Child as our in house naturopath or as a local consultant. Her online naturopath service is highly recommended by all of us here at Natures Child http://www.naturopathbyronbay.com.au. Here are some common questions that Reine has answered for us that new mothers may have. Is your Question here?
Naturopathy is based on the principle that the natural laws of life apply inside the body as well as outside. It uses a range of natural approaches including diet and herbs and encourages exposure to sun and fresh air to maximise the body's natural responses. This system of healing aims to provide holistic or whole body healthcare by drawing on treatment methods from several traditional systems of medicine.
Frequently Asked Pregnancy Questions:
1. Q. what oil is safe to use for perineum massage?
A. A simple organic almond or avocado oil, best not to use any essential oils as they can sometimes be to stimulating.
2. Q. Natural remedies that are safe to use during labour?
A. Sipping Raspberry leaf tea with a little ginger helps the uterus to make the most of each contraction. Arnica 30c helps to keep you focus and calm Rescue Remedy if you start to doubt your bodies ability to complete the journey and to keep you grounded.
3.Q . I am getting really bad heartburn in this pregnancy, what can I do to stop it or get some relief?
A. It is very common to experience Heartburn during the second part of pregnancy. It may not necessarily get worse, but could continue for the next three months. However there are some simple natural remedies that are safe and effective that you can use.
- First it is important to consider the following with regards to eating Don't drink with your meals (30 minutes before and after is fine) Don't eat too late at night – try and have your last meal around 6-7 pm CHEW your food really well – put knife and folk down between mouthfuls
- Eat small meals frequently
- Keep a bag of almonds on you – chew well in between meals (they decrease the acidity of the stomach)
- Avoid greasy take away foods and spicy hot foods
- Remedies that are safe to use during pregnancy Slippery Elm (1 teaspoon) mixed into a paste with some honey neutralizes stomach acid, soothes the stomach and eases gas. You can usually find slippery elm l oz enges in health food shops, often a convenient way to use this remedy when away from home. This can be used as often as needed and usually provides relief quickly.
- Blackmores celloid S.P neutralizes stomach acid and can be sucked until the pain eases. This also works quickly (This remedy tastes a bit like soap).
- Chewing fennel seeds after a meal aids digestion and decreasing acid production.
- If you have difficulty getting any of these remedies Reine can arrange to have them sent to you contact her via visiting http://www.naturopathbyronbay.com.au/.
4 .Q. I want to be prepared with a natural remedy in case second baby has colic like my first one did?
A. Chamomile and Fennel tea (organic) are ideally drunk 15 minutes prior to feeding. The baby can also be given tiny amounts via a dropper before feeds. It's also important to look at the mother's diet, certain foods can create extra wind for newly born babies.
Want to know more about Naturopathy?
The first step is to educate yourself. See your local library or subscribe to some of the wonderful magazines and websites who have a family focus on natural healing to help grow and expand your awareness.
My Personal Recommendation by Jannine Barron
I have personally used the services of Reine Du Bois for many years for my whole family so she comes highly recommended by me personally. Reine practices on line as a virtual naturopath. View her website at http://www.naturopathbyronbay.com.au/. In my own personal experience of treating my children's illness and imbalance with homeopathics, herbs and healing arts such as cranio sacral, kinesiology and more, I feel I have developed a profound and natural understanding of our families bodies and how we can operate at optimum health. Naturopathy is our first port of call with any illness and I encourage all families wanting to live a natural lifestyle to take this journey.
If you are interested in working with both Doctors and Naturopaths as I am, you will be very interested in Reine's work on Integrative Health. View this link at her website: http://www.naturopathbyronbay.com.au/?page=newmedicine
I am proud and honoured to site on the board of IMedicine and look forward to a new era in Health for all of us where Wholistic Medical Care is the norm.
Written by: Jannine Barron Owner Nature's Child